- The juicy story of the morning is the DFW pastor suing a car dealership because (1) pastor takes nude photos of wife at home, (2) they go to buy a car, (3) he gives the phone to a salesman because of a financing document he has on the phone, (4) the salesman allegedly goes through the guys photos and finds the nude ones and sends them to a buddy, (5) the buddy uploads them to a swingers site. Man, that's a lot to process. Oh, I forgot to mention that the salesman has the very biblically based name of Matthew Luke Thomas.
- One of the weirdest thing is that they hired Gloria Allred has their attorney. She's only about one time publicity press conferences and then you never hear anything about the case again. If it is money I was after, I wouldn't hire her.
- And is the chance of getting money really worth the publicity? There's nothing wrong with taking naked photos of your wife, but I'm not sure I would want to admit I'm dumb enough to keep them on my phone.
- Argyle's place kicker makes first team all-district with stats of 32 of 35 PATs and 6 of 8 on field goals. Decatur kicker's stats: 71 or 78 on PATs and 1 for 1 on field goals.
- Pretty cool: Time elapsed Google earth satellite of the metroplex's growth over the last decade or so.
- "Manuel", the fictional character who played a waiter on the BBC sitcom Fawlty Towers, has died. I mention it because Fawlty Towers is one of my all time favorite comedy series.
- So let me get this Carrier deal correct: 1,000 jobs are saved, but Carrier will still send 1,300 jobs to Mexico, get $7 million from the government and free publicity. The CEO of Carrier is the guy who needs to be President, not Trump. (And then Trump tells a Cincinnati crowd that he's proven there will be "consequences" for American companies moving operations out of the country.)
- Hey, Wordkyle: New unemployment numbers this morning show it has dropped to 4.6%, the lowest since 2007.
- It's the 35th birthday of Official Liberally Lean Girl, Britney Spears.
- That's a cute Mercedes commercial of the two kids taken to the movie theater on a snowy night. The boy waits anxiously for his little girlfriend wondering if she will show up. But, in reality, they would have been texting like crazy.
at 8:43 AM