- State of the Union: (1) The President seemed pretty fired up, (2) No man was more tense in America that John Boehner as he tried to decide when he should applaud and when he shouldn't, (3) Texas Congressman Randy Weber called the President a "socialist dictator" before the speech began.
- "12 year old Oklahoma girl shoots home intruder." Some folks online were promoting the story last night for their "gun rights" position. Hey, I've got nothing against guns, but that seems like an odd story to use as a promotional tool. Edit: Example.
- A worker was killed while working on the new bridge being built across the Brazos River going to Baylor's new stadium. He was strapped to a boom but, horribly, that boom went into the water.
- Mark Davis tweet about the Republican position: "Ivory tower consultants will warn of dangers of repelling women, minorities. Let us speak truth in effort to serve all, let chips fall..." Think that'll win you some elections?
- I used to see movies in the theater in downtown Bridgeport. I'm guessing there aren't many people that can say that.
- "It's an unbridgeable gulf between left and right. It's a civil war in every sense of the word. We understand the United States differently." - Dennis Prager (apparently not understanding the phrase "every sense of the word")
- Came home the other day and Honey Boo Boo was on. I think I'm going to have to draw the line.
- "TCU defensive end Devonte Fields was attacked at his home on the 3240 S. University Dr. early Tuesday morning, according to a Fort Worth Police Department incident report." Sound legit? How about this: "The report said Fields then went to the TCU testing center instead of remaining at the scene. According to the report, Fields originally consented to a police search of his residence, but changed his mind upon arrival. Fields also told police he did not want to press charges."
- The NFL charged fans $28.50 to sit in the stands at "Media Day" yesterday at the Prudential Center. I'm really turning on the NFL.
- I've always supported Jerry Jones but he may have finally lost it. He demotes his offensive "play caller" but won't let him interview for other jobs, hires someone as the oddly named "passing game coordinator", and then finds a new defensive coordinator while "promoting" the old one (who no one would hire) to assistant coach. As Junior Miller said, Jones has finally become Al Davis.
- I spend a fortune on climate control, phone, television, and Internet alone.
- An assistant coach for Ohio State was stuck in his car for 19 hours last night due to icy roads in Atlanta.
- It seems insane that a Dallas cop would sexually assault a woman during a traffic stop, but that's the accusation.
- But not as insane of the young lady accused of killing the 2 year old by duct taping her mouth and who was seen on surveillance tape buying the tape with the child at her side forty minutes before cops were called.
- Funny: You mess with a reporter on The Weather Channel and you'll get a knee (love how the guy keeps running.)
at 8:36 AM