- The greatest request ever for an attorney general opinion by an elected Texas County Attorney: Can the commissioners' court prevent me from bringing my 16 year old miniature dachshund to my county office even though the fine puppy dog creates a "safer work environment"?
- What the County Attorney meant was that he often deals with angry people in his office, but he believes the dog has a "calming effect" on all parties. At first I thought that was silly. The more I think about it the more that makes some sense.
- Don't know how to make the picks in the Liberally Lean 2013 Tourney? How about base it upon the most famous graduate of each school?
- Oh, yeah. Enter here.
- Brad Watson is leaving Channel 8 after thirty-four years. Did he ever smile?
- Obscure random thought: Some guy announced his candidacy for Tarrant County DA yesterday, and he sounds like he has some decent credentials. However, for all my lawyer friends, would you ever send out a press release with a citation to one of his famous cases that is in complete violation of the Texas Green Book Rules of Form? Edit: The press release is a little old. I learned about the DA announcement here.
- The Texas legislator that was arrested for DWI took to the floor of the house yesterday to apologize for her mistake. "Lawmakers applauded loudly, eventually climbing to their feet. Some gave Gonzalez hugs and high-fives. Flowers were left on her desk in the chamber." Huh?
- While you were sleeping: Seven marines killed, eight wounded. In Afghanistan? Nope. Nevada.
- Turf Wars: Bridgeport ISD continues the Cold War by voting against installing turf at Bull Stadium.
- I have no understanding of Cyprus potentially seizing 10% of all bank accounts in the country, but did you know the taking of 10% is an accurate meaning of the word "decimate"?
- I actually watched some of the Heat/Celtics game last night since the Heat was attempting to go for its 23rd straight win. I guess that was exciting. (But the bounce the ball off the guy's back to run out the clock was pretty clever.)
- Dallas mayor Mike Rawlings was on Fox 4 last night discussing a rally this weekend against domestic violence. "One out of two women in their life will be hit by their intimate partner. That's amazing. It hits everybody." I think he meant, "Domestic violence impacts us all."
- Frisco home exploded this morning. Gas leak?
at 8:37 AM