- It's been dry and hot for months. So why were there big fires in both Palo Pinto County and Wise County on back to back days?
- One player didn't wear a tie to the Cowboys Kickoff Luncheon yesterday: Martellus Bennett. If the Cowboys want to rebuild, I'd start with that guy. Not because he won't wear a tie but because he's never been a team player. (And he can't catch.)
- We found a (new) home for the Skyler Dog, and it's all because of this blog. I'm saving the world -- one puppy at a time.
- Mrs. LL was on the warpath last night about the Kids in the House "following the rules!!" Who knew some Tootsie Rolls hidden in jeans in the laundry could launch such a storm?
- It was the 15th year anniversary of the death of Princess Diana this week. It seems much longer than that.
- An 18 year old on bond for murder charges in Tarrant County got arrested for drugs. Then a jury gives him 99 years in prison on the drug charge while the murder charge is still pending. I hope they were punishing him for the murder and not the drugs.
- I don't have any trouble watching the 9/11 shows on the History Channel, National Geographic Channel, etc. If cell phone video was widespread back then, that second plane hitting the tower would have been documented by thousands of people.
- TCU/Baylor tomorrow. My months of optimism has about 36 hours to live.
- Have you been reading Jarhead's blog over the last week? He went on a rampage against a truck driver which turned into a rant against all truckers. Then, a few days later, he gets in a wreck that was his fault. The "karma" word has already shown up in the comments.
- Former WFAA reporter Bert Lozano died of cardiac arrest at age 42. You might remember him from this streaker-in-the-background video.
- Yep. That's a death at a young age and that disturbs me.
- Matthew Fox of Lost got arrested and then one of those "I cannot believe how bad he looks" mugshots surfaced. Turned out not to be him, but it's still worth a look because of the crazy resemblance.
- North Texas plays Florida International tonight in Denton which kind of sounds like the Mean Green will be playing against an airport.
- I've said this before, but if you're one of those guys who works late at the office and has kids that go to bed at a decent hour, I don't know when you ever see them.
- I finally listened to Troy Aikman's interview on The Ticket where he took a shot at Skip Bayless. Wow. There's something really different about him. He was honest, edgy, and a little mean. Then again, a divorce can turn someone into No More Mr. Nice Guy.
at 8:32 AM