- Twenty five miners dead in West Virginia, and it looks like that number will rise.
- There were a lot of white guys on the court in last night's NCAA final.
- And that last shot one have been one of the most famous in history if it would have gone in. I was asleep when it happened.
- The DWI case that killed the two Argyle residents is getting lots of press since they've charge the guy with Murder instead of Intoxication Manslaughter. I've explained before how the State can do that. (But most of the news media simplify the case by indicating he was charged with Murder because the case is "really bad.")
- This wind is killing me.
- The Commissioners' Court in Collin County is considering passing a resolution objecting to the health care plan. (Like they have anything to do with it.) But is Wise County going to stand around and let them out-conservative us?
- I'm going on an out-of-town hiking trip this weekend. It also involves sleeping in a hotel.
- I'm not sure who is charge of the Messenger twitter feed, but they've gone crazy. Yesterday for example: "17-year-old female in Newark popped her knee out while performing cartwheels. Medics responding."
- I've been on my ratcheted up health kick for about six weeks and have lost a legitimate six pounds. I'll take that.
- What a weird story about the the SMU Law grad who was arrested for "planning" to use deadly force against a Dallas abortion clinic. A couple of weeks earlier he had filed a handwritten lawsuit against the members of the Supreme Court. And if I read the story correctly, he filed the case with a clerk with the municipal court in Plano. Boy ain't right.
at 8:30 AM