- Universal shotgun sound. Had to use.
- I wonder how many of the "protesters" in the town hall meetings already have private insurance. And I wonder how many of the older protesters that have Medicare understand they they are taking advantage of a government health plan.
- Elvis made 31 movies and you never see one of them on TV.
- I mentioned last week that Giant's QB Eli Manning had a new contract with $35 million guaranteed. I had forgotten that Detroit's first round draft pick Matthew Stafford, who has never thrown a pass in the NFL, received guaranteed money of $41 million.
- And for those fans of the bikini clad girls, this is how the same Matthew Stafford celebrated this summer.
- Justice Sotomayor was confirmed by the Senate on Saturday but 31 Republican senators voted against her. Bush spent 8 years bending over backwards to include the Hispanics and now the GOP runs them off in less than a year.
- Note to my Hispanic Texas friends: Remember when you next go to vote that Texas Republican Senators Cornyn and Hutchison voted against Sotomayor
- When Sotomayor was sworn in on Saturday by Justice Roberts, Roberts read the oath of office to her. He must have learned from his screw up when he swore in President Obama.
- A horrible auto accident involving a police chase in California over the weekend that you may not have heard about.
- College football note (and I'm so happy it's nearly arrived): UNT will go to Alabama on September 18th. Ugh.
- There's a "Rocky's Bar" in the Comfort Suites in Bridgeport that has live acts? (See August 27th date). Edit: LINK FIXED.
- I had a dream that I was giving a closing argument and jurors were twittering -- and I was getting killed.
- Comments on Denton book-in twitpic. http://twitpic.com/d8ksk
- I'm sure you've seen the Texas Ranger Josh Hamilton bar pics by now. Wow. When that man falls off the wagon, he really falls off the wagon. (Here is the amazing Sports Illustrated article from last year chronicling his wheels off life.)
at 8:26 AM