- A true "home invasion" robbery would be terrifying. (There was one last night in Oak Cliff -- and you hear about them more and more.)
- Sports: Cowboys got killed in a meaningless preseason game, Tiger Woods still great as he leads the PGA Championship, Michael Vick gets a second chance with the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Rangers play a very meaningful series this weekend against the Red Sox as they battle for the wild card. Highlights at 10:00.
- I strained my back mowing the lawn but it's in a weird place -- mid level, far right. At least I know it's not a disc. Maybe.
- I went half the day yesterday before I realized the guy that shot himself while driving near Newark and then was hit by a train survived. That'll be a good story to tell his grandkids.
- Kelly Clarkson photoshopped for Self magazine. I'm guessing she knows where Fred's hamburger joint is (callback reference from yesterday.)
- My Costa Rica trip for January is still a go but, man, flights there are outrageous. Anyone know any tricks? I've got an email notifier every week for changes in rates but I'm getting a big bag of nothing.
- The Town Hall screaming sessions are now giving me Tired Head.
- Things I don't understand: Tarrant County foreclosure postings are up for six month in a row but Perot's Hillwood company just announced that it will build 78 homes in the Heritage division in North Fort Worth.
- Ticket Fans: The Ed Carter bit may be my favorite.
- Steve Lamb on WBAP this morning talking about a few players in baseball who have been released this year but are still being paid: "They must have great agents!" Sheesh. Every major league baseball contract is guaranteed. It's not a great agent. It's a great union.
at 8:16 AM