Northwest High School sports has never been on my radar screen, but the girl's softball team has been interesting to follow in passing this year primarily because of pitcher Brittany Barnhill (who has like a krillion strikeouts.)
Anyway, Northwest had a playoff series scheduled this week against Flower Mound Marcus. What happened was insane:
- It's a best of three series to begin on Thursday, but the rain came down, and the series is changed to a winner take all one game series. One game? You've got to be kidding.
- The game had been scheduled to be played at Fossil Ridge but the game was moved to Saginaw Boswell because of wet conditions (which is odd, since the two fields are probably five miles from each other.)
- They play the final game on Friday, but the rain began again, so it was suspended in the bottom of the fourth. They plan on resuming the game for Saturday in Weatherford.
- On Saturday, and I have no idea how they make these last minute changes, the game is resumed in Abilene because it's too wet in Weatherford.
- "Sarah Draheim hit a 2-0 pitch over the right-field fence with no outs in the bottom of the seventh, sending Flower Mound Marcus (25-6) to its first state tournament with a 1-0 win over Justin Northwest at Abilene Christian University."
That is one wheels off playoff system.
Extra Note: I noticed that someone thinks a lot of Barnhill who has signed to play college ball at with the Evil Empire.
at 12:18 PM